Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Black Man Conducts Dress-Up Experiment to Prove 'Racism.' Does the Opposite...

Black Man Conducts Dress-Up Experiment to Prove 'Racism.' Does the Opposite... » Louder With Crowder:
"If you believe that today’s incessant claims of racism are blown out of proportion by the media, by #BlackLivesMatter and our dear leader Barack Obama, you’re a racistCheck your white privilege
But only if you’re white. 
If you’re black and you believe there’s racism everywhere, you might be this guy. 
He’s Pedro Fequiere, a junior staff writer at BuzzFeed. 
That’s your first hint. 
Your second hint is the title of his piece at BuzzFeed: “A Black Man Wore Different Kinds of Clothing to See if People Treated Him Differently.” 
If you’re not clued in yet, try this line:
Many black men dress up to avoid being seen negatively. Every day, we are dressing for survival.
Here’s the problem, Pedro. 
Yes, now I’m addressing you directly. 
Everyone dresses up to represent themselves in a certain way. 
Why? 
Because we’re all judged based on our appearances. 
Ask anyone who’s ever been on a promising first date. 
Or a job interview. 
Whichever you’ve had more of, think back to how you’ve dressed. 
Did you go wearing saggy pants? 
Or did you go in a suit? 
Point made, but I’m not stopping…
Throughout my life, I’ve experienced a collection of microaggressions — from employees following me in stores to women gripping their purses at the sight of me. At 13 years old, I was detained by the cops on suspicion of something I didn’t do..."
Read on! 

No comments: